The George and Helen Bennett Fund for Missionary Service is a debt forgiveness opportunity for Wheaton College students and alumni called to overseas missions but burdened by student loan debt.
- Received or will receive an undergraduate degree from Wheaton College
- Called to serve in overseas missionary service
- Plans to serve internationally a minimum of four years
- Educational student loans borrowed while an undergraduate student
- Federal, Private, and Institutional loans are all eligible
- Parent PLUS Loans or personal debts (credit card, auto/home loans) are NOT eligible
- Graduate student loans and spouse student loans are eligible under certain circumstances
Meet a Bennett Fund Recipient
Get to know some of our George & Helen Bennett Fund for Missionary Service Fund recipients.
- Read the full Procedures and Requirements for the Bennett Fund.
- Complete the Bennett Fund Application.
Earn Loan Forgiveness
- The George and Helen Bennett Fund for Missionary Service has been established to remove student loan debt as an obstacle for Wheaton College students and alumni called by God to serve on the international mission field. This Fund provides for the refinancing of the educational debt of Wheaton College alumni who are preparing for mission service and are ready to proceed to the field. Recipients of the Bennett Fund will be required to serve a minimum of four years with 25% of the total loan debt being forgiven for each year of field service.
- Ask your ministry supervisor to complete a Verification of Deployment/Service Form on your behalf when you deploy to begin earning loan forgiveness and then every 12 months to notify our office that you have earned another year of loan forgiveness.
For more information, contact the Wheaton College Student Financial Services Office at 630.752.5700 or Bennett.Fund@wheaton.edu.