The Learning and Accessibility Services Office seeks to provide all Wheaton students with resources to enhance their academic learning.
The office offers academic counseling, assessment screening for learning differences, strategic information to enrich learning, learning style assessment and academic coaching and accountability.
Below please find links to a number of institutions and organizations that provide information on a variety of academic topics:
General Academic Resources
- Guide to Dual Modality Learning
- SensusAccess-creates alt format materials (text to speech, etc.)
- Useful study guides and strategies (studygs.net)
- The Writing Center is valuable resource that is available on campus.
- Active Reading (iStudy for Success)
- Create an exam study plan (Cornell University)
- Tips for test-taking (greatist.com)
- Article on effective ways to study (Wall Street Journal)
- Studying for different types of tests (MIT)
Information on the concentration cycle (Linn-Benton Community College)
ADHD strategies (UIUC)
Tips for students with ADHD (About.com)
- Note-taking skills (UNSW Sydney)
- 5 Methods of note-taking (CalPoly)
- Note-taking tips (recordnations.com)
- Study habits and test anxiety (NC State University)
- N.Y. Times article on reducing test anxiety/being a better test taker
- Tips for managing your time wisely (about.com)
- Google calendar
- Hourly schedule (fillable)
- Monthly Semester Calendar Fall 2022 (Word document or PDF format)
Tips for Successful Transition to College
- Various topics of interest for first year students (education.com)
- Preparing for postsecondary education (for students with disabilities) (U.S. Dept. of Education)
The following resources are available to all students at the Buswell Library
PC computer workstation with:
- 21-inch computer monitor
- large character keyboard
- Adobe Professional
- Kurtzweil 1000
- Natural Reader
- 2nd Speech Center Software
Mac computers with VoiceOver Software
Copiers with OCR Capabilities
Research Help Desk Hours (and library hours and services):
Reference Librarians are available to assist with research papers and projects. They are located at first floor Research Help Desk.
For more information please call Buswell Library at 630.752.5102.