Posted September 21, 2016 by
Improving Communication: Internal Digital Notification Policy
Effective Date: October 1, 2016
Wheaton College is currently working to refine and improve internal digital notifications, which are currently mostly received through bulk email. As part of that process, Technology Governance recently approved the Internal Digital Notification Policy.
Key Benefits and Features
- Provides College-wide standards for internal notifications
- Reduces email inbox clutter
- Increases effectiveness of announcements by:
- Providing alternate avenues of communication rather than relying on email
- Consolidating announcements in easy-to-reference formats and locations
- Allows students, faculty, and staff to selectively receive additional communication from groups they are interested in
Impact on College Community
- Submit announcements for the Wheaton Portal and the biweekly Campus Announcements email using this form >>.
- Campus announcements should follow the guidelines in the Internal Digital Notification Policy. For more information on how to send campus announcements, visit this page (some services are still under construction as of Fall 2016).
- During Fall 2016, we will continue to add new services and communication methods that will improve internal notifications.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by email or call 630.752.4357 (HELP).