Pursue A Graduate Degree with Wheaton College and Missio Nexus
The Missio Nexus partnership with the Wheaton College Graduate School of Mission, Ministry, and Leadership and the School of Biblical and Theological Studies offers Missio Nexus members the opportunity to pursue a flexible master's or doctoral degree and receive a 15-25% discount.
If you’re looking for the next step in your ministry training, check out the exceptional graduate programs available. With flexible learning formats, you don’t have to choose between a disconnected and solitary online experience or a residential learning community. Instead, you can learn in community and stay where you live and work. Whether or not you join a cohort, you’ll also enjoy the benefits of a deeply discounted tuition.
Learn More About The Partnership Programs
How the Wheaton College and Missio Nexus M.A. in Ministry Leadership Partnership Works
The M.A. in Ministry Leadership is a 42 credit program designed for those with a desire to deepen their faith and raise their level of leadership while collaborating with others. Through this program, you will add a new dimension to your ministry as you learn from practitioners, church builders, and ministers who have worked in both small and large community church contexts
- Learn from internationally recognized leaders in the field of Mission, Ministry, and Leadership like Dr. Rochelle Scheuermann, Dr. Junias Venugopal, Dr. Michael Hakmin Lee, and Dr. Rick Richardson
- Cohort bonus: for a Missio Nexus cohort of 15 or more students, Dr. Ted Esler will teach special coursework tailored to the needs of the Missio Nexus community
Our flexible learning format is a unique learning format that allows you to remain in your current role while staying connected to your classmates:
- Remain in your current role and take nearly all of your coursework online
- Enjoy fellowship with your classmates at Wheaton’s historic campus just 1-2 times per year for community-building, week-long courses
- Cohort bonus: stay connected with the same group of like-minded Missio Nexus cohort members who are on the same learning path as you
Whether you join a Missio Nexus cohort of 15 or more students or you enroll in a partnership group of 14 or fewer, Missio Nexus members receive special benefits.
- Cohort: We are seeking to form a special Missio Nexus cohort of 15 or more students. Cohorts receive a 25% discount
- Partnership: if fewer than 15 students enroll, Missio Nexus students are still given a preferential 15% tuition discount and the chance to join our M.A. in Ministry Leadership student community from around the world
- Wheaton College Graduate School M.A. tuition is $810/credit hour*
- Cohorts of 15 or more receive a 25% tuition discount: $606.50/credit hour*
- Cohorts of 14 or fewer receive a 15% discount: $688.50/credit hour*
*Based on tuition price for Fall 2023. Changes may apply at a later term.
The M.A. in Ministry Leadership is designed for church practitioners
The Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership is a 42-hour degree will not only have biblical and theological components but practical classes such as Organizational Change and Leadership in Ministry, Congregational Leadership, and Preaching.
The classes are done both online and through in-class intensives. That means that you’ll meet as a cohort 1-2 times per year for about 6 days—the rest is done online.
One of the perks of our partnership with Wheaton College is that as an Acts 29 network partner, you are able to get a 25% tuition discount if we form a full cohort of students. You’ll receive this discount each semester you’re in the cohort until you graduate.
So, if you’ve been contemplating getting a master’s degree or are looking for something that is theologically robust but still practical in ministry, you’ll truly appreciate and value this MA in Ministry Leadership.
For more information about the program, contact Wendy Larson at email@example.com and tell her you’re interested in the Acts 29 partnership. If you would like to apply, go to wheaton.edu/apply.
Sample Cohort Master Schedule*
Church: Movements and Models
Exploring the Old Testament
Exploring the New Testament
Gospel: Theological Perspective
Personal Leadership and Development
Foundations for Biblical Interpretation
Organizational and Change Leadership
Culture: Emerging and Global
*Subject to change.