Ed Stetzer, Ph.D.
Billy Graham Professor of Church, Mission, and Evangelism; Executive Director of the Billy Graham Center; Dean of the School of Mission, Ministry, and Leadership
Dr. Stetzer holds the Billy Graham Distinguished Chair for Church, Mission, and Evangelism at Wheaton College. He also serves as the Dean of the School of Mission, Ministry, and Leadership at Wheaton College; Executive Director of the Billy Graham Center at Wheaton; and as chair of the Evangelism and Leadership Program in the Wheaton College Graduate School. Stetzer is a prolific author, and well-known conference speaker. He has planted, revitalized, and pastored churches, trained pastors and church planters on six continents, holds two masters degrees and two doctorates, and has written or co-written a dozen books and hundreds of articles.
Stetzer is a contributing editor for Christianity Today, a columnist for Outreach Magazine, and is frequently cited or interviewed in news outlets such as USAToday and CNN. He is also the Executive Editor of The Gospel Project, which is used by over 1 million individuals each week.
Stetzer co-hosts BreakPoint This Week, a radio broadcast that airs on over 400 media outlets, and the Theology for Life podcast with Dr. Lynn Cohick.
- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary: Ph.D., Missions 2003
- Beeson Divinity School, Samford University: D.Min., Pastoral Leadership 1998
- Liberty University Divinity School: M.A., Religion, Church Growth/Planting Track 1995
- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary: M.Div., Pastoral Ministry Track 1994
- Shorter University: B.S., Natural Sciences 1988
Areas of Expertise and Research Interests
- Evangelical Practice
- Evangelical Politics in the U.S.
- Evangelical Thought
- Missional Church
- Missional Community
- Missional Living
- Evangelism and Leadership
- Christians in the Age of Outrage: How to Bring Our Best When the World is at its Worst
- Planting Missional Churches
- The Church in Babylon: Heeding the Call to Be a Light in the Darkness