Globalizing Your Wheaton Education!
Study abroad is far more than travel; it’s a way to take what you’re learning—physics, engineering, or any other major—and apply or understand it in a new context. It’s the opportunity to explore physics or engineering from another perspective, deepening your educational experience. It’s the chance to immerse yourself in another culture and discover more about others and yourself. It’s an invitation to step on the path to becoming a more globally conscious Christian.
The Physics and Engineering fields are incredibly diverse and internationally oriented. To prepare you to work and live in an increasingly global society, research community or industrial field, the physics/engineering department offers several options for you to go for a semester abroad.
There are several options that you can choose from:
- If your main interest is to deepen your knowledge of physics or engineering, while doing that at a different university in a different culture, you can apply for a semester abroad with a primarily physics/engineering focus. The following universities with strong physics/engineering programs are approved through an agreement with CIEE (a non-profit, non-governmental international exchange organization that provides quality, rigorous, study abroad opportunities for students from a wide variety of US colleges and universities):
- Australia, Wollongong: Arts and Sciences
- Ireland, Dublin: Arts and Sciences
- Korea, Seoul: Arts and Sciences
- South Africa, Cape Town: Arts and Sciences
- Sweden, Uppsala: Arts and Sciences
- Turkey, Istanbul: Arts and Sciences