If you plan to take a language class to fulfill the language requirement for graduation, you need to take a placement test before you register.
Placement tests are required for all students intending to complete their foreign language requirement via language study at Wheaton College unless you plan to learn a language you have never studied. Register for a 101 class if you will be learning a new language. Please note, 101 classes are only offered in the fall semester.
If you are unsure if you need to take the placement test, please contact the Elise Bock, Testing Coordinator.
Language placement tests offered include:
- Français (French)
- ἡ ἑλληνική γλῶσσα (Koine Greek)
- Deutsch (German)
- שְׂפָה עִבְרִית (Ancient Hebrew)
- Español (Spanish)
- LINGVA LATINA (Latin)
- 中文 (Mandarin Chinese)
1. Register for a language placement test
The test instructions will be emailed to you within minutes upon submitting the registration form.
You may take a placement test in more than one language but you will need to fill out a separate registration form for each language.
2. Placement Test Information and Access
French, German and Spanish:
- Online Language Placement Test >> : The test instructions with the web address and login information will be provided upon submission of the registration form.
- This is an online test. Instructions will be provided upon submission of the registration form.
Classical Languages (Greek, Hebrew and Latin):
- Classical Language Placement Tests are held on-campus : Offered at the beginning of each academic semester. Registration must be completed at least two days prior to the test date to reserve your spot on the day of the test. Upon submission of the online registration form, you will receive a confirmation email with the test instructions.
Please contact the Testing Coordinator, Elise Bock with any questions pertaining to placement testing.