Application Processes and Deadlines
- Written Applications: Approximately early September until late November each year.
- Assessments: December and January.
- Interviews with HNGR Faculty, Student Support Coordinator, Assistant Director, and two supporting faculty: between January and March.
- Notification of acceptance: mid-April.
Second-year students at Wheaton College are eligible to apply by the November deadline. The program will consider four criteria when reviewing applications:
- Personal readiness: Resilience; Maturity; Flexibility; Teachability; Good student development standing
- Academic readiness: 2.8 GPA or higher; Proven ability to work independently; Completion of HNGR coursework before, during, and after the application.
- Cross-Cultural and service experience: Evidence of service and engaging diverse populations whether in the Wheaton area, greater United States, or internationally.
- Congruence: Demonstrated ability to articulate how HNGR fits into the applicant’s vocational trajectory and personal, interpersonal, and spiritual growth.
Please note that if you are interested in applying, you should schedule an appointment for a general information meeting with the HNGR Assistant Director. Visit us in Schell Lower Level or email the HNGR Program to schedule a meeting.