The Health Professions Club is one of Wheaton's pre-health professions club, which connects students with ways to exercise practical service, minister in the health professions, and prepare for professional school and other scientific fields. We hope to glorify God by encouraging servant minds and leaving a lasting imprint— not only at Wheaton, but also in our greater community.
The Health Professions Club offers students unique opportunities through our mentoring program, the ability to volunteer in meaningful contexts, and events each year designed to provide students with the resources and skills necessary to succeed in their chosen field of study.
Recent volunteering sites for Wheaton students include:
- Bolingbrook Christian Health Center: Has a rich history of both serving uninsured persons and allowing Wheaton students to serve under experienced healthcare providers.
- Mission Possible: A free clinic and ministry in Aurora, IL that provides both dental, medical, and other forms of care free of charge to uninsured individuals.
- Facilitate fellowship and support for members
- Provide students with guidance and direction to resources
- Provide opportunities for practical experience, ministry in the health professions, and preparation for professional school and other opportunities
- Develop servant leaders that will positively impact the community
- Please email Club with any questions about volunteering, mentoring, or to request more information about membership.
Health Professions Club Cabinet for 2017-2018:
President - Meredith Clarkson
Vice President - Jona Bakke
Senior Volunteer Coordinator - Alisa Erck
Junior Volunteer Coordinator -Annie Michaelson
Senior Blood Drive Coordinator - Lauren Wilkes
Junior Blood Drive Coordinator - Justine Chang
Event Coordinators - Julia Stanfield, Isaac Smith
Picture of Cabinet: Back Row (L to R) Alisa Erck, Isaac Smith, Jona Bakke, Annie Michaelson; Front Row (L to R) Julia Stanfield, Meredith Clarkson, Lauren Wilkes. Not Pictured: Justine Chang