James G. Jameson Critical Essay Contest
Deadline: Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 4:00 p.m.
- The contest is open only to undergraduate students in good standing.
- A student may only win one award from the Jameson fund during his or her tenure at Wheaton College.
- The essay should be written from a distinctly Christian perspective (e.g., engaging the Bible, Christian history, theology, or a Biblical worldview).
- The essay should be persuasive and should cite a minimum of six secondary sources.
- The essay must be original, written by the student submitting the essay.
- The essay must have been written as a part of a course at Wheaton College. The course must have been completed within the last two years.
- Only one essay per student per year is to be submitted.
- The essay must be endorsed by the faculty member in whose course the essay was written.
- Endorsements must be received by the submission deadline.
- Faculty should submit endorsements via this link: https://form.jotform.com/80425108328149
- The essay should not include the author’s name. Instead, it should include the student’s ID number.
- Two hard copies of the essay should be submitted to the English department on the third floor of Blanchard Hall.
- When submitting the essay, one should complete a Contest Entry Form (available in the English department).