James G. Jameson Critical Essay Contest
Details of the James G. Jameson Critical Essay Contest
Deadline: Tuesday, February 2, 2021
- The contest is open only to undergraduate students in good standing.
- A student may only win one award from the Jameson fund during his or her tenure at Wheaton College.
- The essay should be written from a distinctly Christian perspective (e.g., engaging the Bible, Christian history, theology, or a Biblical worldview).
- The essay should be persuasive and should cite a minimum of six secondary sources.
- The essay must be original, written by the student submitting the essay.
- The essay must have been written as a part of a course at Wheaton College. The course must have been completed within the last two years.
- Only one essay per student per year is to be submitted.
- An essay may not win an E. Beatrice Batson Shakespeare Essay Contest Award and a Jameson Critical Essay Contest Award.
- The essay must be endorsed by the faculty member in whose course the essay was written.
- Endorsements must be received by the submission deadline.
- Faculty should submit endorsements via this link: https://form.jotform.com/203606408469156
2021 James G. Jameson Winners
1st place - Gretchen Stanfa
2nd place - Collin Maldonado
2nd place - Philip DeGroot
Honorable Mention - Philip Lindia
Honorable Mention - Bailey Reich
Honorable Mention - Carlson Chiles, Mason Packwood, and Jonah Throw
Honorable Mention - Hannah Kirby
Honorable Mention - Nora Awad
Honorable Mention - Cat Kok