Applicants are to:
- Read all the information about James G. Dixon, Jr. and this scholarship (found in separate link on the Internship page).
- Secure an internship in a local church for the summer.
- Complete application process detailed below.
- Application is due by the next to last Friday in March each academic year.
- Return Acceptance Form after notification.
- Do internship in church.
- Submit report as detailed in Specifics on page 2, which will alert Wheaton College to process your award.
Please type the following (in two pages):
1. After reading the biographical information on Rev. Dixon, answer the following:
- What did Rev. Dixon believe was essential to a successful ministry, and what do you think about this?
- Why do you believe the family established this Scholarship and how does this apply to you?
2. Provide the following biographical information:
- Past involvement in a local church.
- Internship plans: Ministry opportunities (what you will be doing) and why you are seeking this internship.
- The name, address, phone number and contact at the church were the internship will take place.
- Future desire to serve in the ministry. This should reflect your sense of calling and your vision for ministry.
Your essays will serve as the application.
Remember—include your contact information! Phone-Mail-Email
Please submit your application to:
Mr. Daniel Haase, Internship Coordinator,
Christian Formation & Ministry Department, BGC 231
If you have any questions, he can be reached at 630.752.7953.