This fund was established at Wheaton College in 1996 by members of the family in memory of the Reverend James G. Dixon, Jr. and his work. It is an endowed sholarship that requires a paid summer internship in a local church setting.
- An annual scholarship award
- Awards start at $2,500
- Merit and performance based on past and current involvement in a local church, future commitment to work in a local church and a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- An annual award of a minimum of $2,500 per student will be awarded in the fall following completion of the internship.
- Applicants must complete an application and secure their own placement in a local church. The local church is encouraged to at least provide for the intern's living expenses during his or her service.
- The Scholarship is open to any Wheaton College student. Preference will be given to junior and senior undergraduate students, but gradate students may also apply.
- Eligibility is not limited to, but preference will be given to students who attend a Grace Brethren Church and/or are planning to intern at a Grace Brethren Church.
- After the selection committee has chosen the recipient(s), copies of all essays and applications shall be sent to the Development Office of Wheaton College to forward to the Scholarship founders.
- Upon completion of the internship, students must submit a report to Christian Formation & Ministry Internship Coordinator Dan Haase. This report should include the following:
- Summary of intern activities
- Student's summary statement of experience
- An evaluative note from the supervising pastor
- This report is required prior to disbursement of funds