Discover the beauty of the Saguenay-Lac Saint-Jean region!
Anticipated NEW Summer 2018 program!
Wheaton in Québec is a language and culture program in the French speaking province of Québec. Students study the Québec culture including its history, cinema, folklore, literature and song.
- Sponsoring Department: Modern Languages
- Program Leader(s): Dr. Alan Savage and Dr. Sheri Abel
- Term: Summer
- Program Dates: May 22 - June 22, 2018
- Estimated Cost: $4,500.00 (airfare not included)
- Prerequisites: Students must have fulfilled the foreign language competency requirement in French (FREN 201 or the equivalent)
- Eligibility: Open to both Wheaton and non-Wheaton undergraduate students
- Partner Institution: UQAC (École de langue française et de culture québécoise, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi)
- Highlights: Homestay with Québécois families and language and culture study with experienced, dynamic native Francophone teachers.
Students earn six credit hours toward the French major or minor.
FREN 340: Québec Civilization and Culture (3 credit hrs)
On-site study of Québécois history, art, politics, and culture.
FREN 330: Advanced French in Québec (3 credit hrs)
Advanced grammar and oral/written expression taught by native Franchophone speakers in a university setting.
This program fulfills the study abroad requirement for the French major at Wheaton College.
The estimated program fee includes tuition, all administrative fees, orientation materials, housing, meals, and all group excursions.
Program fees do not cover the cost of airfare to/from Québec. Students arrange their own flight itinerary so that they may travel independently after the program has ended or return home. Students are responsible for any personal expenses and souvenirs.
If you have questions or would like to know more about the Wheaton in Québec program, contact Dr. Alan Savage, Professor of French, or Dr. Sheri Abel, Associate Professor of French, for further information.
How to Apply
To apply, visit GoGlobal, Wheaton College's registration system for off-campus study and international travel, research, and internships.