The Social Enterprise Internship Scholarship provides funding for rising juniors and seniors to take internships with selected early and mid-stage businesses and nonprofits, led by Christian founders. This program contains opportunities for talented students from almost any major.
Three selected students will receive a summer '17 placement with one of the following social enterprises, a financial scholarship (up to $3,000), and a bonus full-ride scholarship to Praxis Academy from July 31 - August 4.
Imagine working with one of these partners organizations this summer.
- An internship is a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths; and give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent.
- The experience will be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom.
Scholarship Details and Application
- Scholarships will be awarded on a sliding scale, meaning students can apply for up to $3,000 for an unpaid or underpaid internship experience. Students will need to justify their request for funds with a simple budget that will be completed in the application.
- Applications will be evaluated based on financial needs as well as merit.
- In order to apply for the scholarship, you must complete the online application. You can find the application HERE. The application deadline is Monday, April 10.
- Undergraduate students must have reached junior or senior status by summer 2017.
- Wheaton personnel and host organizations will review all applicants and make joint determinations.
- The internship will begin in May and end in July with exact dates determined by between selected students and their hosts.
- Complete up to 12 hours of reflective work based on the internship experience.
- Commit to the Community Covenant while participating in the internship.
- Attend internship prep and follow-up events on campus.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Data Motivate is breaking the mold in providing sustainable careers in the business process outsourcing industry for those trafficked or enslaved in the Philippines. Help open their first office in the U.S. as they raise capital and identify and develop new business.
An education-oriented venture group, Praxis equips and resources faith-motivated entrepreneurs committed to social impact. This internship includes business development, content design, and program management assistance.
This innovative business has been revolutionizing health care by bringing board-certified doctors and health care professionals to the patient's doorstep! This internship would include data analysis and marketing strategy as well as management of new business accounts and tracking new leads with the sales department.
Birthed from a passion for those suffering from addiction, R-Tribe offers an online community that equips and supports those in recovery. Jump into this collaborative team as they create new online forums, conduct market research, and devise innovative ways to improve this company's service.
Telos is growing a broad-based, peacemaking movement by resourcing leaders with a transformative pro-Israeli, pro-Palestinian, pro-peace vision. With a highly collaborative team, this intern will conduct supervised research on peacemaking, write copy for educational programs, and help design educational trips.