Opus debuted on campus in 2014, and hosted its inaugural Launch Week in January of 2015. This featured speakers from campus and around the world, including: Steve Garber, Admiral Tim Ziemer, Nancy Writebol, and Katherine Leary Alsdorf.
In January, 2015, Opus held its Launch Week, a series of events designed to debut Opus and its work with the Wheaton Community. Scholars flew in from around the country and the world for activities surrounding these events. Review some of the activities of Launch Week below.
- Ebola. Malaria. Stories and Callings of Service in a Dying World | Plenary Session: Saturday, January 24 | 7:00pm – 8:30pm | Barrows Auditorium | Speakers: Nancy Writebol and Admiral Tim Ziemer
- Meet Nancy and David Writebol and Admiral Tim Ziemer | Dessert Reception: Saturday, January 24 | 8:30 – 9:30 pm |
- Creativity Wanted: How Business, Math, and Science Need Artists and Other Creative Thinkers | Panel Discussion: Tuesday, January 27 | 4:00pm – 5:15pm | Phelps Room | Panelists: Steve Garber, Dr. Kristen Page, Phil Vischer, Mark Woodworth
- Hard Science, Tech and Business Solutions for Poverty Alleviation | Panel Discussion: Wednesday, January 28 | 4:00pm – 5:15pm | SCI 145 | Guests: Dr. Noah Toly (moderating), David Doig, Dr. Jeff Greenburg, Dr. Winnie Fung, Jon Hart
- Connecting Your Work to God's Work, with Reflections from Young NYC Professionals | Plenary Session: Wednesday, January 28 | 7:00pm – 8:30pm | Coray Alumni Gymnasium | Speakers: Katherine Leary Aldorf and the Gotham Fellows: Darren Jer (finance entrepreneur), Johnathan Agrelius (real estate), Joanna Stephens (architecture)
- Business and Beyond: Entrepreneurship and Innovation Across Sectors | Panel Discussion: Thursday, January 29 | 4:00pm – 5:15pm | SCI 145 Dr. Paul Lee (Moderator), Jon Hart, Mike Bontrager, Peter Greer