In January, 2016, Opus hosted Praxis Academy on campus for a customized workshop on faith and entrepreneurship. The workshop offered a unique opportunity for Wheaton Shark Tank participants to focus on refining their business plans and organizational philosophies.
Opus partnered with Praxis Academy in 2015 and 2016 to train Wheaton students competing in the Wheaton Shark Tank, an event sponsored in partnership with the Student Alumni Board. Praxis custom-designed a workshop and offered it to Wheaton students in January, 2016.
- 8:30 am - Welcome and Introductions - Ben Norquist, Assistant Director, Opus: The Art of Work
- 9:00 am - A Vision of the Next Generation of Entrepreneurs - Jon Hart, Director of Praxis Academy
- 9:45 am - Small group discussion
- 10:00 am - An Alternative Imagination: A Cultural Counterscript - Dave Blanchard, CEO & Co-Founder, Praxis
- 11:00 am - Venture Founder Story: Gifted Education Foundation - Anthony Flynn, CEO & Founder
- 11:35 am - Venture Founder Story: Webconnex - Eric Knopf & John Russell, Co-Founders
- 12:15 pm - Wrap up and 2016 Praxis Academy Information - Josh Fort and Aly Vukelich, Wheaton College seniors and Praxis Academy alumni
Following the workshop, students were invited to attend Praxis Academy, an intensive training for Christian college students with unfolding plans for new businesses and nonprofit organizations. Scholarships were made available to promising applicants.