Along with an interdisciplinary major and minor in Urban Studies, the Center for Urban Engagement directs Wheaton in Chicago, a semester-long, residential, experiential program in one of the world's most diverse cities. CUE also sponsors lectures, panels, and other events for the public.
- The Urban Studies major helps students develop a sophisticated grasp of cities and their role in global affairs.
- The Urban Studies minor complements many other programs of study.
- The Aequitas Program in Urban Leadership is a four-year, cohort-based, experiential program that educates Wheaton College students to promote just, sustainable, and flourishing urban communities through academic study, experiential learning, immersion programs, and Christian service.
- Through a combination of coursework and internships, Wheaton in Chicago presents students with the opportunity to spend a semester living and learning in Chicago, one of the world's most diverse and influential global cities. All WIC students explore the meaning of vocation through our Civitas program, which examines the call to Christ, community, career, and justice.
- The CUE Scholars' Corner is a colloquium series for our core and supporting faculty.
- Lectures and other events allow our community of faculty, staff, and students to hear from distinguished scholars, practitioners, and public intellectuals.
- CUE sponsors its annual Dr. Samuel H. Shellhamer paper competition challenging students to engage with and write about topics related to the city and urban life.
Programs in Partnership
Contact CUE or our co-sponsoring departments and programs for more information about our programs in partnership.
|Breakaway Chicago||Office of Christian Outreach|
|Chicago Student Teaching||Education Department|
|WIC Retreats||Student Activities Office|
|Urban Track of Wheaton Passage||HoneyRock- Outdoor Center for Leadership Development of Wheaton College|
|Urban Public Health Elective Concentration||Applied Health Science Department|
Stay tuned for upcoming events!