Along with an interdisciplinary major and minor in Urban Studies, the Center for Urban Engagement directs Wheaton in Chicago, a semester-long, residential, experiential program in one of the world's most diverse cities. CUE also sponsors lectures, panels, and other events for the public.
- The Urban Studies major helps students develop a sophisticated grasp of cities and their role in global affairs.
- The Urban Studies minor complements many other programs of study.
- Through a combination of coursework and internships, Wheaton in Chicago presents students with the opportunity to spend a semester living and learning in Chicago, one of the world's most diverse and influential global cities. All WIC students explore the meaning of vocation through our Civitas program, which examines the call to Christ, community, career, and justice.
- The CUE Scholars' Corner is a colloquium series for our core and supporting faculty.
- Lectures and other events allow our community of faculty, staff, and students to hear from distinguished scholars, practitioners, and public intellectuals.
- CUE sponsors its annual Dr. Samuel H. Shellhamer paper competition challenging students to engage with and write about topics related to the city and urban life.
Programs in Partnership
Contact CUE or our co-sponsoring departments and programs for more information about our programs in partnership.
|Breakaway Chicago||Office of Ministry & Evangelism|
|Chicago Student Teaching||Education Department|
|Urban Track of Wheaton Passage||HoneyRock - Center for Leadership Development|
|Urban Public Health Elective Concentration||Applied Health Science Department|
Check out our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter feeds for events throughout the year!