- Wheaton offers men and women intercollegiate participation in 21 different sports as a member of NCAA Division III.
- Wheaton teams have won more than 50 titles over the past 10 years in 13 different sports. In its history, over 350+ Wheaton students have earned All-American recognition and 80+ have been recognized as Academic All-Americans.
- Wheaton is a charter member of the College Conference of Illinois & Wisconsin (CCIW). CCIW schools have accounted for 51 NCAA national championships, including for Wheaton College a basketball title, three women’s soccer championships, and two men’s soccer titles.
- Over the past five seasons, Wheaton has been nationally ranked in: football; men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s swimming, women’s cross country; softball; baseball; wrestling, women's indoor track & field, and women’s outdoor track & field.
- The women’s soccer team won the 2004, 2006, and 2007 NCAA Division III Championships. Women’s soccer has made seven NCAA Final Four appearances (2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011 and 2012). Head coach Pete Felske was named national “Coach of the Year” in 2004, 2006, and 2007.
- The Wheaton football team has been ranked in Division III’s Top 25 for the past 15 years. Wheaton won CCIW championships in 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2012, 2014, and 2015 with 10 NCAA-III Playoff appearances since 2000 including National Semifinalist recognition in 2008.
- The Wheaton men's basketball program appeared in the 2019 NCAA Division III Men's Basketball National Semifinals. Wheaton guard Aston Francis was named the Division III Player of the Year by two media outlets and was named the Jostens Trophy winner recognizing the tope men's basketball player in Division III. Francis also won the Bevo Francis Award, given to the top player in NCAA Division III, Division II, NAIA, USCAA, and NCCAA.
Division III Competition
|Football||Indoor & Outdoor Track|
|Indoor & Outdoor Track||Softball|
|Tae Kwon Do|
|40% of students participate in intramural sports.|