The Enterprise Reporting Coordination Committee at Wheaton College provides oversight and sets priorities for the development and maintenance of the college’s enterprise reporting.
The Enterprise Reporting Coordination Committee is a Technology @ Wheaton Governance advisory committee.
A business leader who is involved with developing and working with reporting technology solutions and Director of Enterprise Applications serve as co-chairs. The Committee receives input from the following campus groups:
- Undergraduate Admissions
- Graduate Admissions
- Financial Aid
- The Provost Office
- Human Resources
- Student Accounts
- Registrar's Office
- Identify and approve priorities for enterprise reporting ongoing operations, enhancements, and new initiatives to assure alignment with the college’s business goals and needs.
- Gain a better understanding of the IBM Cognos Business Intelligence/Analytics and Framework manager applications to promote efficient product use and maximize our investment throughout the college.
- Expand the adoption and use of IBM Cognos Analytics to replace outdated MS Access and other reporting technologies.
- Evaluate and approve new releases of IBM Cognos for Wheaton College.
- Develop and expand existing Cognos data packages to facilitate secure access to essential Wheaton Data for analysis and reporting.
- Identify and work to resolve the escalation of issues which span departmental or divisional boundaries.
- Gain a better understanding of Ellucian Operational Data Store (ODS) and Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to better access institutional data for decision making.
- Encourage and facilitate the integration of systems and access to data across functional boundaries and guide the development of common data models within Operational Data Store.
- Champion effective information and IT security measures, policies and practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of resources are preserved within the enterprise reporting systems.
Meetings are held monthly, or as determined by the committee.
Team Members (Fiscal Year 2016)
- John Kim, Advancement Services, co-chair
- Craig Williams, Academic and Institutional Technology, co-chair
- John Barger, Graduate Admissions
- MaLing Chou, Community School of the Arts
- Sandy Dede, Finance
- Marilyn Enstrom, Financial Aid
- Peggy King, Academic Records
- Gary Larson, Institutional Research
- Jon Larson, Academic and Institutional Technology
- Connie Mixter, Human Resources
- Chloe Richards, Undergraduate Admissions