The Enterprise Portal Coordination Committee at Wheaton College provides oversight and sets priorities for the development, look and feel layout, define access and privileges, maintenance & upgrades and all other aspects of the college’s enterprise portal systems.
The Portal Coordination Committee is a Technology @ Wheaton Governance advisory committee.
A senior business leader who is involved with developing and working with enterprise portal technology solutions and the Chief Information Officer serve as co-chairs. The Committee receives input from the following campus groups:
- Marketing Communications
- Human Resources
- Academic and Institutional Technology
- Student Development
- Scheduling Services
- Student Technology Advisory Committee
- Financial Aid
- Provide a single point of contact to the Wheaton College community for all issues concerning the portal, and to create and maintain all policies, procedures, standards and practices relating to the content, functionality and usage of the portal.
- Identify and approve priorities for enterprise portal ongoing operations, enhancements, and new initiatives to assure alignment with the college’s business goals and needs.
- Gain a better understanding of the Ellucian Luminis application to promote efficient product use and maximize our investment throughout the college.
- Expand the adoption and use of the Ellucian Luminis Portal as the front door to all the college’s enterprise applications.
- Evaluate and approve new releases of Ellucian Luminis Portal for Wheaton College.
- Develop, expand and maintain functional and technical resources for every portlet\channel and tab on the portal. Define, document, and administer responsibilities of resources.
- Identify and work to resolve the escalation of issues which span departmental or divisional boundaries.
- Champion effective information and IT security measures, policies and practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the enterprise portal.
Meetings are held monthly, or as determined by the committee.
Team Members (Fiscal Year 2016)
- Craig Taylor, Marketing Communication, co-chair
- Wendy Woodward, Chief Information Officer, co-chair
- David Bakalemwa, Student Technology Advisory Committee
- John Barger, Graduate Admissions
- Ted Cockle, Student Activities
- Kat Haase, Res Life
- Karen King, Scheduling Services
- Connie Mixter, Human Resources
- Jeff Mudge, Library
- Chloe Richards, Undergraduate Admissions
- Donna Rourke, Registrar\Financial Aid
- Paul Sloboda, Academic and Institutional Technology
- Glynise Strating, Student Development
- Craig Williams, Academic and Institutional Technology