The Banner Revitalization Leadership Committee is an Executive Steering Committee responsible for the oversight and delivery of the overall strategic direction of the Ellucian Banner Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
The Banner revitalization Leadership committee is accountable for ensuring that Ellucian Banner Technology services deliver business value and that expected benefits from new investments are fully realized.
The Vice President of Finance and Chief Information Officer will serve as the committee chairs. The chairs may appoint ad-hoc committee members or groups as appropriate. The Banner Revitalization Leadership Committee receives input from the following campus areas:
- Academic & Institutional Technology
- Finance & Operations
- Graduate Admissions
- Human Resources
- Student Development
- Student Financial Services
- Undergraduate Admissions
The Banner Revitalization Leadership Committee provides general oversight of the revitalization project. The committee is primarily responsible for articulating the business strategy for Banner, championing campus adoption of systems and strategy that are determined by the group and ensuring that technology investments are aligned to this business strategy within acceptable levels of risk.
- Support the successful implementation of Banner 9 across campus before December 2018.
- Maximize the institution's investment in Banner to ensure the effective and efficient use of technology in enabling Wheaton College to achieve its strategic goals within acceptable levels of risk.
- Champion the Banner strategy within respective lines of business. Ensure that operational plans are consistent with Banner and technology strategies.
- Champion the deployment of self service functionality and cross organizational data sharing for the purpose of achieving efficiencies and goals.
- Champion reducing reliance on third party add-on systems in alignment with Wheaton College's Technology Guidelines.
- Consider and discuss the impact of administrative system changes on people, process, technology, and standards and policies.
- Encourage and facilitate the integration of systems and access to data across functional boundaries.
- Champion effective information and IT security measures, policies and practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of resources are preserved.
Meetings are held as determined by the committee until December 31, 2018 or once Banner 9 has been fully implemented (whichever occurs first).
Banner Revitalization Leadership Committee is composed of the top tier leaders. Committee members bring a unique perspective as well as have resource responsibility (both human and financial) that contributes to the overall direction of improvements to the business process environment.
- Dale Kemp, Vice President of Finance & Treasurer, Chair
- Wendy Woodward, Chief Information Office, Chair
- Karen Belling, Director of Student Financial Services
- Jane Bilezikian, Director of Advancement Services
- Paul Chelsen, Vice President of Student Development
- Dusty Di Santo, Director of Graduate Admissions
- Peggy King, Registrar
- Craig Squire, Controller
- Karen Tucker, Director of Human Resources
- Craig Williams, Director of Enterprise Applications