Promote Your Events in Wheaton’s Event Calendars
Wheaton’s event calendars are the primary avenues for visitors to learn about Wheaton events.
Media Relations manages the online event calendar. Our team sends information about events in this calendar to local media outlets, and the College’s social media team uses this information to generate posts for our social media channels.
The online event calendar is also the source of information for the printed calendar, which is published four times per year and distributed to 28,000 homes in Wheaton and Glen Ellyn.
How do I make sure my events are in these calendars?
- When you reserve space using 25Live, complete the description field of the event reservation with a short write-up on your event.
- Without a write-up in the description field of 25Live, your event will not be activated on wheaton.edu/events.
What information should I include in my event description on 25Live?
- Write 3-4 short paragraphs (about 100-200 words total) that answer the questions below. See below for example.
- First paragraph
- What is the title of the event?
- Who is presenting or sponsoring the event?
- What day/time does it take place?
- Second & Third paragraphs
- What type of event (i.e. panel discussion, film screening, lecture)?
- Who is the performer, artist, or speaker? Provide a short bio.
- Why is the event significant and why would non-Wheaton audiences want to come to the event?
- Fourth paragraph
- Where will the event be held? Include the address. See below for a list of campus addresses.
- What is the cost? If it is free, indicate that it is “free and open to the public.”
- Who should people contact for more information? Provide a phone number or email address.
- The event information must be entered in this format; incomplete or incorrectly entered information will result in a delay. Please contact Media Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
I need to change my reservation on 25Live / I have questions about using 25Live.
- Contact Director of Scheduling Services Karen King at ext. 5184.
What if the details of my event aren’t finalized when I reserve my space in 25Live?
Email the complete, 100-200 word event description to email@example.com. You may also send a photo to include with your event description.
What should I do I need to change the date of my event?
Please avoid changing dates if at all possible. Once your event is entered into 25Live and approved, it automatically receives wide publicity. This promotion cannot be effectively undone.
If you must change the event date:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post signs post at original event venue and time
- Station a representative at the original event venue and time to apologize and redirect people who may arrive
- Consider offering free tickets for those who arrive at the wrong date/time.
Printed Calendar Events and Advertising
How can I ensure that my event is included in the printed Calendar of Events?
- To consider your event for the public calendar, we must have a complete event description posted in 25Live by the deadlines below:
- For inclusion in the September/October issue: June 8
- November/December issue: August 17
- January/February issue: October 19
- Spring/Summer issue: December 7
How can I purchase an ad in the printed Calendar of Events?
- Contact email@example.com to confirm the availability of featured space in your preferred issue. For the 2018-2019 fiscal year, the cost of a ½ page space is $450.
- If space is available, you will receive an invoice via email. This invoice is your confirmation.
- Within one week of receiving the invoice, complete an Accounting Adjustment Form with cc: to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After you receive the invoice, complete a Design Request Form by the deadlines below. You will not be charged for the design of the ad.
- For inclusion in the September/October issue: June 12
- November/December issue: August 24
- January/February issue: October 26
- Spring/Summer issue: December 19
- Ensure that the event is approved in 25Live and includes a complete description using the format described above. If you are advertising a program, be sure that updated information about your program is available on wheaton.edu.
|Quarterly Calendar of Events|
|Design request deadline||June 12|
|Content Deadline||June 8|
|Date delivered to post office||August 3|
|Design request deadline||August 24|
|Content Deadline||August 17|
|Date delivered to post office||October 12|
|Design request deadline||October 26|
|Content Deadline||October 19|
|Date delivered to post office||December 14|
|Design request deadline||December 19|
|Content Deadline||December 14|
|Date delivered to post office||February 15|
Call Media Relations at ext. 5015
|Armerding Hall||520 Kenilworth Avenue|
|Billy Graham Center||500 College Avenue|
|Blanchard Hall||501 College Avenue|
|Chase Service Center||924 College Avenue|
|Jenks Hall / Arena Theater||421 Chase Street|
|Meyer Science Center||430 Howard Street|
|Chrouser Sports Complex||603 Kenilworth Avenue|
|Student Services Building||418 Chase Street|
|Todd M. Beamer Student Center||421 Chase Street|