The Facilities Department staff are responsible for the design, construction and maintenance of the 75 buildings and 118 acres that make up our campus, as well as managing an extensive fleet of College owned vehicles and buildings and grounds equipment.
The Facilities Department seeks to further the mission of Wheaton College by:
- Achieving high levels of campus beauty and cleanliness;
- Supporting College-wide Strategic Priorities and other programmatic changes;
- Creating and sustaining optimal learning, living, and working environments;
- Maximizing the useful life of our $500+ million of facilities assets,
- Delivering high reliability for basic services; (electrical, heating. cooling, transportation, event set-up);
- ...and doing all of the above in a way that is cost effective for the long term.
Director of Facilities
- Construction Services and Maintenance provides leadership & management for Building and Renovation Projects as well as Carpentry, Electrical, Paint, and Landscaping services.
- Utilities and Energy Management oversees all Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Services (HVAC) as well as all Plumbing and Mechanical Maintenance services.
- Facilities Operations consists of four primary groups: Custodial Services, Work Order Center, Transportation and Fleet Services, and Central Stores (which houses the Facilities parts inventory and also provides Campus receiving and delivery services.)
- Facility Development provides architectural and space planning leadership and expertise.
Wheaton College uses a work order management system called Asset Essentials.
If you have been designated and trained to submit work requests, you may access the system by clicking here or on the Work Request button above. If you are not authorized to submit work requests but see something that needs maintenance or repair, please contact the person in your department or dorm who is designated to submit work requests, often an Office Coordinator or RD.
Emergency Contact Numbers
A Facilities emergency is defined as a natural disaster, a utility malfunction, equipment failure or any unusual facilities occurrence which may present imminent danger to life, limb or property. Emergencies should be reported immediately as follows:
(Mon – Fri, 7:30am - 4:00pm) Facilities Work Order Center: 630.752.7930
(After Hours and Weekends) Public Safety: 630.752.5911
Contact Information for Chase Service Center
We are located in Chase Service Center. See this map for the locations of individual offices within Chase Service Center.
924 College Ave Wheaton, IL 60187 (Campus Receiving Address)
Facilities Main Office 630.752.5113 (Facilities@wheaton.edu) Fax 630.752.5998
Work Order Center 630.752.7930 (Emergency and non-Emergency needs)
Transportation 630.752.5114 (Reserve Vehicles)
Keys and Access 630.752.5113
Receiving/Delivery 630.752.5110 (Central Stores)
Facility Development 630.752.5113 (Facility.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Are you interested in seeing what we're up to? Take a look at our current design and construction projects.