Visit the Manuscripts Reading Room
The Manuscripts Reading Room is located on the third floor of Billy Graham Hall in Room 307, and is open to the general public as well as the Wheaton College community. No appointments are necessary to use our collections, but we do encourage visitors to notify us and request materials prior to arriving. A staff member is always available to answer any questions about our collections or to provide a reference interview.
The Manuscripts Reading Room is designated for research relating to materials from the Wheaton College Billy Graham Center Archives or Buswell Library Special Collections only. It cannot be used as a study area for any other purpose.
Guidelines for the Manuscripts Reading Room
1. Upon arrival, please sign in at the Reading Room front desk.
2. All visitors must complete the registration form and present a valid photo ID. Registration forms are valid for the calendar year.
3. No food, beverages, or chewing gum in the Reading Room.
4. All coats, hats, bags, umbrellas, and other personal items must be stored outside the Reading Room. Please see the Reading Room Supervisor for a locker key.
5. Please leave all papers, pens, and study materials in a locker. Archives staff will provide paper and pencils upon request.
6. Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
7. Please silence cell phones. All calls made or received must take place outside the Reading Room.
8. Visitors must sign out and in again when leaving the Reading Room for more than 15 minutes.
9. Visitors may bring the following items into the Reading Room: laptop computer, camera, personal scanner, cell phone (silenced).
10. Researchers must request permission from the Reading Room Supervisor before taking photographs or duplicating any archival material. Please see the Archives Duplication Policy for more information.
11. The Manuscript Reading Room is a quiet research area. Please be considerate of other patrons.
12. Visitors may register to access the Wheaton College guest wifi account.
Visitors who fail to observe any of these guidelines may be asked to leave the Manuscripts Reading Room and forfeit future access to Wheaton College Billy Graham Center Archives collections.