While the majority of BGC Archives materials can only be accessed in the Manuscripts Reading Room, select materials are available to users through interlibrary loan.
The BGC Archives can only loan materials to other institutions, such as public or university libraries. Interlibrary loans cannot be made to private individuals.
Only oral history interviews and microfilm created by the BGC Archives are available for interlibrary loan. Microfilm reels purchased by the BGC Archives are not available through interlibrary loan nor are oral history interviews or microfilm with access restrictions. No other items from the collections can be loaned.
For interviews available through interlibrary loan, please refer to our Oral History ILL List.
For microfilm collections available through interlibrary loan, please refer to our ILL Microfilm List.
Procedure for Submitting Interlibrary Loan Requests
To begin the interlibrary loan process, please request a copy of the ILL Request Form by contacting BGC Archives staff at email@example.com or 630.752.5910. Forms must be completed and returned to the BGC Archives by the librarian representing the participating institution.
- For ILL requests within North America, materials can be loaned for six weeks and can be renewed for an additional four weeks. All renewal requests must be made by contacting Archives staff prior to the original due date of the materials.
- For ILL requests outside North America, materials can be loaned for nine weeks and are not renewable.
- Loan periods begin from the date materials are shipped from the BGC Archives to the participating institution.
- Materials on loan should be returned to the Archives by the due date.
- No more than six reels of microfilm or eight audio recordings may be loaned to a patron at a time.
- The audio recordings or microfilm may not be copied by the researcher or the borrowing library.
- All materials loaned out by the BGC Archives must be returned to the following address by the due date:
Billy Graham Center Archives
501 College Avenue
Interlibrary Loan Fees:
All fees associated with the ILL request must be received before the BGC Archives will ship requested material to participating institutions.
- There are no fees for microfilm requests.
- There is a $5.00 fee for the first audio recording requested and $2.50 fee for any additional recordings.
- There is a $20.00 fee for interlibrary loans made to institutions outside North America to cover shipping and handling charges.