We encourage you to review the information on hours and closings. In order to facilitate your research, we offer the following suggestions for planning your visit:
- Inform the Wade Center in advance of the dates you intend to use the Reading Room. We will confirm that the timing does not conflict with other events, either at the Wade or the Wheaton College campus, which may interfere with your research.
- We encourage you to provide the archival staff with specifics about the topics or materials you wish to investigate for your research. Whenever possible, we will have materials ready for use when you arrive.
- Information on directions and parking, accommodations, and meals is available on the Visitor Information page to help plan your visit.
- Laptops are welcome in the Reading Room. The research tables are outfitted with power outlets, and Wheaton College staff and students are provided with cable and wireless internet access. Off-Campus visitors who intend to use the Reading Room for 2 days or longer may request internet access by emailing the Wade Center at least 24 hours ahead of their visit. Buswell Library, the main Wheaton College campus library, may also be used for visitor web access.
- Plan to bring pencils and a photo ID with you, and be sure to read the Reading Room Guidelines before you come.
- If you wish to fill out a Reading Room Application before you come, feel free to print off a copy and have it ready when you arrive. Application forms are also available in the Reading Room.
- Other policies you may wish to consult regarding the usage of Wade Center materials:
Please let us know if you have any additional questions or need further assistance planning your research visit.
Want to learn more about conducting archival research? Click on the "Using Archives" icon to access the guide Using Archives: A Guide to Effective Research written by Laura Schmidt, Wade Center archivist.