1. Upon arrival, please sign in at the Archivist's desk.
2. The Reading Room is designated for study or reading relating to the Wade Center authors only.
3. Please use our copies of books and materials; personal or library books are not allowed.
4. You may only bring in a pencil and paper.
5. Laptops are allowed but laptop cases must be stored outside the research area at a coatrack or in a locker. Off-Campus visitors who intend to use the Reading Room for 2 days or longer may request internet access by emailing the Wade Center at least 24 hours ahead of their visit.
6. No food, drink, or gum is allowed in the Reading Room.
7. Please use care in handling all material. Use pencil only and do not write on anything except your own paper.
8. All materials are non-circulating and must remain in the Wade Center Reading Room.
9. We ask that you hang your coat on the coat rack in the entryway of the Wade Center, or on the hooks in the hallway outside the Reading Room.
10. All backpacks, briefcases, purses or other bags must be stored on the coat rack in the entryway or in a locker. You may see the attendant for a locker key if you wish.
11. Cell phone ringers must be turned off. Calls made or received should take place outside the Reading Room.
12. Do not re-shelve books or other materials. Please place them on the designated re-shelving cart.
13. Reading Room staff reserve the right to request photo identification.