The Marion E. Wade Center reserves the right to withhold permission for the reproduction of any material in its possession. The Center will allow materials in its possession to be reproduced under certain conditions:
- Due to staffing limitations, the Wade Center cannot guarantee that an order will be filled on the day it is requested. We reserve the right to carry out the work over a period of time.
- Only material that will not be physically damaged by the process may be reproduced.
- Restricted material may not be reproduced.
- Reproductions must not be duplicated or made available to any other person or institution or deposited in another library or archive without written permission from the Wade Center.
- This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would violate the copyright law.
- Reproductions are to be used within the definition of “fair use” under the copyright law of the United States. They are provided for research and study use of the grantee only.
Additional guidelines for the reproduction of manuscript materials
Manuscript material may not be reproduced without written permission from the copyright holder. A copy of the letter of permission must be deposited at the Wade Center prior to our release of copies.
It is the responsibility of the person requesting reproductions to obtain further use rights from the copyright holder, e.g. permission to quote or publish.
The Wade Center reserves the right to request the return of reproductions of manuscript material at any time.
Written permission from the Wade Center may be necessary for the publication of reproductions of manuscript material. Please contact us prior to any publication.
Notice concerning the copyright restrictions:
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproductions. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
If a published article or book results from the use of the materials at the Wade Center, a copy of the publication shall be deposited therein.
To request copies, print and complete the form below and send to the Wade Center by mail or fax:
Wade Center Photocopy Request Form (pdf)
For Digital Reproduction of materials at the Wade Center, see:
Digital Copy Policy (pdf)