December 16, 2009
"Is Capitalism Worth Saving? A Discussion on the Case for Free Enterprise"
Co-Sponsored by the American Enterprise Institute
The Tower Club, Lyric Opera Building
See Event Invitation (PDF)
October 28, 2009
"Financial Investment and Entrepreneurship" (Video)
John P. Calamos, Chairman of Calamos Asset Management
See John P. Calamos Bio (PDF)
November 3, 2009
Financial Crisis Panel Discussion with special guest Brian Wesbury
September 28, 2009
"Political Power vs. Moral Authority"
A Lecture with Robin Hayes, Former Congressman of N. Carolina
September 23 & 24, 2009
Market Capitalism: Can Godly Values Make the Difference?
Hastert Center Conference
The conference explored the role that faith and stewardship play in fostering growth and promoting equality. The conference addressed financial crisis and examined the role that Godly values can have in interacting with economic systems to provide for sustainability in society. Lecture recordings for this event can be found in the media center.
Conference guest speakers, respondents and moderators included:
- Lord Griffiths of Fforestfach; Vice-Chairman Goldman Sachs International, Former Dean City University Business School, London.
- Jeffrey Greenman, Associate Dean of Biblical and Theological Studies, Wheaton College
- Peter J. Hill, George F. Bennett Professor of Business and Economics, Wheaton College
- Brian McGraw, Assistant Professor, Politics and IR Department, Wheaton College
- John Witte, Director, Center for Law and Religion, Emory University
- Andrew Yuengert, Professor of Economics, Pepperdine University
- Javier Comboni, Jean and E. Floyd Kvamme Chair of Political Economy, Director, J. Dennis Hastert Center for Economics, Government and Public Policy, Wheaton College
View Event Brochure (PDF)