Requirements for All Students
- Application deadline is December 15 for fall 2016 enrollment.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- GPA 3.0 minimum.
- Seven Prerequisites (21 semester hours). See below.
- GRE >> General Test.
- Official Transcripts from all schools that ever granted you college credit, even just one credit.
- E-transcripts preferred. They are the fastest and most reliable method of delivery. Have them addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail hard copies to Wheaton College, ATTN: GRADUATE ADMISSIONS, 501 College Av., Wheaton, IL 60187.
- Admission Application.
- Three Recommendation Forms, not letters.
- Pastoral (or other Christian leader).
- Option if you do not have an employer: Someone with whom you have had a supervisor-employee relationship, e.g., in a ministry, internship, or missions-trip context.
- Letters accepted as supplements to the Recommendation Forms.
- Two Essays.
- CV (Curriculum Vitae) or Chronological Resume.
- Research Paper.
- Ten pages minimum.
- APA Style >>
- Sole authorship; including if group project.
- Signed Statement of Faith, Community Covenant, and Statement of Veracity.
- Application Processing Fee US $50, non-refundable.
Prerequisites (7 courses, 21 semester hours)
All prerequisites must be taken from a psychology department, not, e.g., an education or sociology department. The courses can have different names at other schools.
- General Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Personality Psychology
- Research Methods or Statistics
- Physiological Psychology
- Can be taken as tutorial during first summer of PsyD program.
- Two Courses from the following.
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Psychology
Additional Requirements for International Students