Expectations for Off-Campus Living
- Commit to living out the Community Covenant in their homes and neighborhoods while enrolled at Wheaton College.
- Live in apartments, town houses and houses with no more than four individuals (total students and non-students) for the academic year. This is a Wheaton College residence life policy. Off-Campus living units with four or less individuals aid in maintaining safe and quality living environments, preventing parking shortages, and establishing good relationships with neighbors and the community.
- Representing Wheaton College well in how they care for the home and property.
- Provide their own overnight parking off-campus (the College does not provide off-campus students with overnight parking on campus).
- Take care of their own garbage (do not dispose of your garbage in on-campus receptacles).
- Attend required off-campus housing meetings.
- Provide the Residence Life Office with their local address and phone number by the end of the first week of classes.
Applying for Off-Campus Living 2013-2014
March 19 at 10:30am, Barrows- Rising 3rd, 4th, 5th year students (Required for off-campus applicants, optional for on-campus applicants)
March 19 at 7:00pm, Blanchard 339- Rising 3rd, 4th, 5th year students (Required for off-campus applicants, optional for on-campus applicants)
March 27 at 11:59pm- Applications are due for off-campus permission (rising 3rd, 4th, 5th, year students only)
You will know by April 1 if you have received off-campus permission or not. Please do not sign a lease prior to this time. A signed lease is a legally binding document. If you sign a lease prior to receiving off-campus permission and your group does not receive off-campus permission you will be financially responsible to the landlord and to Wheaton College.