Built in 1937 and 1945 respectively, McManis-Evans is conveniently located near the center of campus. It contains an elevator and is comprised of nine gender specific wings on five floors with single, double, triple, and quad rooms, each of which each vary in layout. McManis-Evans provides housing for 288 sophomore, junior and senior men and women.
Each room is equipped with:
- a 36"X80" extra long mattress for each student
- one bulletin board
- two to six electrical outlets
- one internet port per student (IT Services website)
- air conditioning/forced air heat in each room
- an RT London modular furniture system (mfs) that offers different lofting configurations with the dressers and desks (more info >>)
- room dimensions vary by room
- one closet per student
- one desk chair per student
- a wastebasket
- one towel bar or hook per student
- Average number of students per floor: 25 - 50
- Room dimensions vary.
- Window dimensions vary.
- A central bathroom is located on each floor.
- A central laundry room is shared by the entire building.
- Floor lounges are equipped with an ironing board.
- Limited summer storage is available.
- Limited bike storage is available.
- Outdoor bike racks are available during the academic year.
- One vacuum is located on each floor.
- McManis-Evans contains a kitchen shared by the entire building, which includes one stove, a refrigerator, microwave and minimal cooking utensils.
- Also shared by the entire building are pool/ping pong tables, a copy machine, a Quiet Study Room, 24-hour computer lab, conference room, and community TV lounge.
- There is a lounge on each wing of the building.