Use the steps below as a checklist and stop by our office if you have additional questions. This guide is an internal resource and the accompanying links can only be accessed with a Wheaton login while on campus.
- Planning - Make sure to allow enough time for your club or group to coordinate various resource needs for your event. Allow a minimum of one month lead time for larger events (150+). You will be responsible for submitting set-up requests, reserving equipment, seeking copyright permission and coordinating event details with campus departments.
- Pick a Day - Check the campus calendar (intranet) to determine other major campus events happening on the day you'd like to schedule your event.
- Choose a Space - Check 25Live for available space locations.
- Reserve a Location - To reserve room space, fill out the Room Reservation Request and return to the Student Activities Office (after your group advisor signs it).
- Advisor Signature - Make sure your club or group advisor has signed the Room Reservation Request Form before returning it to the SAO.
- Let People Know About It - There are boxes on the request form to indicate if you want to promote your event to on-line calendars. Check the calendars you want to display your event. The Intra Campus Calendar is for events that are open to everyone - even people from off-campus. Wait for an official confirmation before promoting your event. Stop by the SAO Front Desk to facilitate any advertising needs:
- Posters approved and stamped
- Beamer display tables reserved
- Display cases reserved
- Equipment check-out: easels, sandwich boards, poster stands
- Poster display space reservations in Anderson Commons
- Table tent approval
- Campus email
- Beamer flat screen