Where might I find the schedule of events?
- Complete Schedule
- You will receive a detailed pocket schedule when you check in at the Welcome Center once you arrive on campus.
When do things officially begin?
- For Passage, International, and Passport (TCK) students, the Welcome Center is open on Thursday, August 23 from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. in the Beamer Center.
- For all New Students? The residence halls and Welcome Center are open from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 24.
- For Parents? Parent Welcome Center is open on Friday, August 24 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. in Lower Beamer. See the Parent Relations page for more information.
When do things officially end for parents?
- Officially at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, but parents are welcome to stay through Sunday to attend church as a family. Big Sib groups, however, will be getting together at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, and this is something new students won't want to miss.
Where should parents stay when coming for Orientation?
- There are many hotels in close proximity to campus. Mention you're coming for Wheaton's Orientation and you may receive a discount!
Should siblings come to Orientation?
- This is a difficult question to answer, and we leave this decision to the parents. Since Orientation programming is geared toward students and parents, siblings often feel out of place. In addition, siblings may feel awkward tagging along to a student mixer, or have difficulty finding a parent information session interesting. Siblings are encouraged to visit during Family Weekend (October 26-28, 2012).
Is there a fee for Orientation?
- There is $30 Orientation fee for all students which covers a variety of Residence Life and Orientation expenses. Parents and families are expected to cover meal and lodging expenses while at Wheaton for Orientation.
- The Orientation fee will be charged to your student account.
Is Orientation Mandatory?
- Yes, for freshmen
- No, for transfers, however, we strongly encourage transfers to participate, as we have planned Orientation specifically with transfers in mind as well as freshmen. Transfers not participating are required to arrive on campus by Monday, August 27 at 10:00 a.m.
When does the meal plan begin?
- All new students can begin eating on their meal plan as of lunch on Friday, August 24.
- Students checking in on Thursday with early arrivals may begin their meal plan at dinner on Thursday, August 23.
- New students should use their Orientation name tags as their meal ticket until their regular ID officially works.
What about meals for families?
- Parents can purchase meal tickets at the Parent Welcome Center, Anderson Commons (cost varies – check with Parents Program) or buy food at the Stupe or Sam's.
- Once parents have checked in, look over the information packet for off-campus restaurant options as well.
Where can students ship their belongings prior to classes beginning?
- Should students need to ship belongings to school, they can be sent to the College Post Office.
- Students should include on their boxes 1 of 3, 2 of 4, etc. so that the College Post Office will know how many to expect.
- New students will receive their CPO box assignment sometime over the summer.
- The address should look as follows:
- Joe Student, CPO 2560
501 College Avenue
Wheaton, IL 60187
When can I arrive?
- If not arriving early due to Wheaton Passage, Passport to Wheaton, Athletics, or the Conservatory, new students should arrive any time between 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 24.
- If arrangements need to be made for an exception, new students should contact the Housing Office.
When do Wheaton Passage students check in?
- Passage students will arrive on campus from HoneyRock during the afternoon of Thursday, August 23. The residence halls and Welcome Center will be open for students to check in from 2-4 pm.
How late can I arrive?
- Freshmen should arrive before 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 24.
What should I bring?
What do I need to know about banking options?
There is one ATM machine on campus. It's a Chase Bank ATM located in the Beamer Center. Anyone with a Chase account can withdraw money without a service fee.
- Chase Bank will be on campus during Orientation to assist families in setting up accounts and answering questions about banking.
- Many other banks are located in Wheaton, some within walking distance of campus. Google "banks in Wheaton" to find out information specific to your needs.
Does Wheaton offer shuttles from the airports during Orientation?
- Unfortunately, Wheaton does not offer shuttle service from the airports during Orientation. If you need a ride, it is best to contact a shuttle company.