Please complete all four items below before attending Passage!
- Register for Passage through the green tab on the right that will take you to the Registration Portal.
- Download and fill out the Passage Student Questionnaire (PDF).
- Download and print the Passage Information Packet (PDF). Packing lists, transportation and check-in day details are included in the packet. We recommend that you print a copy (2 pages printed front and back) to take with you on Check-In Day.
- Email your headshot to Public Safety today to have your Student ID ready for pick-up when you get to campus in the Fall.
Wilderness Track: August 7-22, 2013
Urban Track: August 10-22, 2013
Camp Track: August 14-22, 2013
If you are flying in to Wheaton, please schedule your flight to arrive at either Midway or O'Hare airport between 7:00am and 2:00pm on the day your track begins. Do not schedule a flight that arrives later than 2:00pm. If any part of your flight itinerary changes on the day of travel, call the HoneyRock Office immediately at 715.479.7474 ext. 201.
For a detailed calendar, please select from the options below:
Transportation and Check-In Information
Wilderness Track: Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Urban Track: Saturday, August 10, 2013
Camp Track: Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Airport & Flight Information:
Midway Airport: Please schedule your flight to arrive at Midway Airport between 7:00am and 2:00pm on the day the program begins. Do not schedule a flight that arrives later than 2:00pm. If any part of your flight itinerary changes on the day of travel, call the HoneyRock Office immediately at 715.479.7474 ext. 201. They will get in touch with our staff in Wheaton so they will know when to expect you. Once you have claimed your luggage (in the downstairs arrival area), head over to the baggage claim area for Southwest Airlines. Look for a bright orange sign that says “Wheaton Passage” and a HoneyRock staff member wearing a HoneyRock t-shirt. Then you will be driven to Wheaton College to check in and access campus storage.
O'Hare Airport: Please schedule your flight to arrive at O’Hare Airport between 7:00am and 2:00pm on the day the program begins. Do not schedule a flight that arrives later than 2:00pm. If any part of your flight itinerary changes on the day of travel, call the HoneyRock Office immediately at 715.479.7474 ext. 201. They will get in touch with our staff in Wheaton so they will know when to expect you. Once you have claimed your luggage (in the downstairs arrival area), proceed to Terminal 2, lower level baggage claim area near the Starbucks, which is between doors 2B and 2C. Look for a bright orange sign that says “Wheaton Passage” and a HoneyRock staff member wearing a HoneyRock t-shirt. If you don’t see anyone, wait with your luggage at the alcove with payphones. Then you will be driven to Wheaton College to check in and access campus storage.
If you are driving to Wheaton College
- Check-In: Please arrive on campus between 10:00am and 2:00pm to check in at Smith/Traber Hall.
Please do NOT arrive early! Our staff will be there to greet you.
- Lunch: Students will be responsible for getting their own lunch on the day of check-in. A map is included on the reverse side of this page with directions to dining locations within walking distance.
- Introductory Meeting: There is an introductory meeting for all students and parents at 3:00pm in Barrows Auditorium in the Billy Graham Center before students board coach buses for track destinations at 4:00pm.
Camp or Wilderness Track students driving directly to HoneyRock:
- Please arrive between 9:00pm and 11:00pm. Please do not arrive early! You can follow signs to the office and our staff will meet you there.
- Students will return to Wheaton College on Thursday, August 22.
- If your travel plans change at any time, please email or call us right away at 715.479.7474 x301.
Campus Storage in Fischer Hall and Smith/Traber Hall will be available between 10:00am and 2:00pm on the first day of each Passage track for all students who are driving to Wheaton College or flying to Midway or O’Hare airports. These are the only times that campus storage will be open. Please do not call the Wheaton College Residence Life Office or HoneyRock to ask them to open storage for you at another time, as they will be unable to accommodate you. If you are a transfer who will not be living in Fisher or Smith/Traber Hall, you can still store your things in either storage location.
For more information on transportation and check-in (including a map of campus), download the Passage Information Packet (PDF).
Wilderness Track: $750
Urban Track: $750
Camp Track: $750
The fee covers room, board, activities at HoneyRock, course credit, and transportation (van pick-up at O’Hare International and Midway airports and coach bus transportation to and from HoneyRock). Participants will be responsible for purchasing two course texts. The course texts can be purchased online from the Wheaton College Bookstore (see below). A $100 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot, which is due during online registration. The remaining program fee balance will be charged to each student’s fall semester bill.
Students will not be charged additional tuition for this course. The cost for these two hours of credit is covered by the fall semester tuition payment, so participants receive a $2000 program for the cost of the program fee listed. Wheaton Passage is a great way to maximize your investment.
Students must purchase two text books for the course. Embracing the Love of God by James Bryan Smith (either edition) and the Wheaton Passage Workbook. These texts can be purchased online or in person (after June 1) from the Wheaton College Bookstore >>.
Students will be enrolled in CE 131: Introduction to Spiritual Formation and will receive 2 hours of credit. Prior, to their time at HoneyRock, students will complete multiple reading and writing assignments. Throughout the course, students will participate in many group experiences and discussions. Once on campus, students will be expected to write a final paper and participate in two group meetings.
- Dr. Rob Ribbe - Director of HoneyRock. Rob has over 20 years of experience educating college students in a camp setting. Rob is responsible for coordinating the faculty and curriculum development.
- Rick Masters - Adventure Ministry Program Manager of HoneyRock. Rick has over 16 years of experience working in the wilderness with students. Rick is responsible for coordinating the wilderness track of the program.
- Mary Elise Masters - Interim Wheaton Passage Program Manager.
- Dr. Barrett McRay - Chair of the Christian Formation and Ministry Department.
- Dr. Noah Toly - Director of Urban Studies Program.
We know you’ve already been a freshman, so we have made some modifications within Wheaton Passage that are geared toward you and your fellow transfers. Depending on the number of transfers, you will be in a small group with other transfers and your activities and discussions will be relevant to you and your experiences. You will make connections and share experiences with other transfers, while getting to know the other incoming students as well.
Wheaton Passage has been designed to work in conjunction with TCK/MK Orientation so you don’t have to choose one or the other. You can come be a part of Wheaton Passage and still be down on the Wheaton campus in time for your TCK/MK orientation activities.
Wheaton Passage enrollment is limited. Sign up today!