What You Can Expect from the Apprenticeship Program:
1) You can expect to work very hard. You will be stretched physically, mentally, relationally, and spiritually. There will be long days and long weeks. We definitely value times of Sabbath and we work to provide you with regular times of rest, but often it is less than what you may feel you need or desire.
2) You can expect to be exposed to many different opportunities to learn. These times will be formal and informal. Like any apprenticeship, most of initiative to learn and grow comes from you, the student. Your attitude and initiative will allow you to get the most out of this experience. Your growth, success, and enjoyment of this program will be determined by your own motivation and by what you desire to gain from the experience.
3) For most of your time at HoneyRock you can expect to work on weekends and then have time off during the week. This makes it difficult to be involved in a local church, but not impossible.
4) You can expect to be involved in the "front lines of ministry." You will work directly with people, teaching and showing them the truth.
5) You can expect to work in areas all over camp. At times you will be a retreat host, ops worker, housekeeper, wrangler, kitchen worker, dish washer, program leader, etc. You will learn and gain exposure to different areas of camp by actually doing them. This will give you the opportunity to see how HoneyRock works as a ministry.
6) You can expect to live in close quarters with other students. You will be sharing a dorm room and a bathroom with several people.
7) You can expect to connect with the HoneyRock permanent staff and build relationship with them and their families.
8) You can expect to receive regular feedback on your performance and development, both from your direct supervisor and also from other HoneyRock permanent staff.
9) You can expect to be involved in regular times of small group Bible study and prayer.
10) HoneyRock is in a beautiful location. You can expect to see God's beauty all around you in the different seasons.
11) In the winter, you can expect to work in a very cold and snowy environment. You will become an expert in the art of layering!
12) You can expect to have a lot of fun and make deep friendships of your team and community.
13) You can expect to learn a lot of new skills as well as refining the skills you already have.
14) You can expect to have the opportunity interact with professionals in camp ministry and education.
15) HoneyRock is in a remote environment. You can expect to drive 20 minutes to get to the nearest grocery store and 45 minutes to get to the nearest Walmart.
16) You won’t be making a lot of money during your time at HoneyRock. The salary is designed to help defray the cost of tuition and to cover a few other costs you may have. You will not be paid while taking classes or during staff training. You will earn $350/week minus $145 for Room & Board that will be taken out of each paycheck.