Specialized Graduate Assistantship (SGA) Positions
Applications for Specialized Graduate Assistantship positions are due January 31, 2016.
- Residential Camp Program Coordinator: This position will work under the supervision of the Summer Leadership School (SLS) Program Manager to coordinate the Residential Camp program. It is based in Wheaton during the school year and at HoneyRock in the summer. This person will help coordinate the Wheaton-based adventure trip program during the school year. They will also assist with Wheaton-based student and camper recruitment efforts. If you have questions about this position, contact the SLS Program Manager
- Service Team Program Coordinator: This position will work under the supervision of the Adventure Ministries Program Manager to coordinate the Service Team program. This includes school year discipleship and the hiring and training of the staff (through on campus seminars) during the spring semester. This person will also work with the Site and Facilities staff to help coordinate all camp based service projects during the year (work-play weekends, Wheaton Passage service projects, etc.). This role is based at HoneyRock year round. For more information, contact the Adventure Ministries Program Manager.
Rotating Graduate Assistantship (RGA) Positions
Applications for Rotating Graduate Assistantships are due May 1, 2016.
- Kitchen Assistants: These positions are under the supervision of the Hospitality Manager and work side by side with HoneyRock cooks to deliver hot, fresh, and desirable food. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, food preparation, cooking, baking, and cleaning. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, and follow directions well. Experience in food service is desired but not mandatory.
- Grounds Assistant: This position will work with the Site and Facilities staff to perform facility maintenance, assist with grounds care, and work wherever else as needed. Familiarity or skill with construction and operational equipment is preferred, but not mandatory. Applicants must be qualified to drive vehicles under Wheaton College driving regulations.
- Construction Assistant: This position will work the construction manager to complete construction projects as well as general maintenance of buildings. Familiarity or skill with construction and operational equipment is preferred, but not mandatory. Applicants must be qualified to drive vehicles under Wheaton College driving regulations.
- Marketing Assistant: Responsibilities will include assisting the HoneyRock Marketing team based at Wheaton College to produce marketing materials over the fall and spring. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, producing table tents, posters, flyers, videos and other marketing materials as needed.
- IT/AV Assistant: This position exists to provide IT and AV assistance to students, staff and guests. Responsibilities include management of computer lab software, assistance of office staff with IT needs, maintenance and operation of teleconference technology used for the graduate program and audio visual support of various school year events (WIN, Retreats etc). Familiarity or experience in IT/AV is preferred but not mandatory.
- Program Assistant: This position works supports the retreat and adventure challenge programs. Primary responsibilities include leading retreat activities and maintaining activity areas.
- Program Administrative Assistant: This position provides administrative and operational support to HoneyRock Program Managers. Responsibilities are diverse and variant but will include general office tasks such as answering and responding to phone and email messages, fielding questions, assisting with applications and registration, creating and sending informational documents and general planning/scheduling of programs.
Ready to apply? Submit your graduate assistantship application at Graduate Assistant Application Process.