The positions listed below may or may not be open this year. Check Wheaton College Human Resources to see which positions are currently open.
- Advance Camp Program Coordinator
This position will work under the supervision of the SLS Program Manager to coordinate the Advance Camp program. It is based in Wheaton during the school year and at HoneyRock in the summer. They will help coordinate the Wheaton-based adventure trip program during the school year. They will assist with Wheaton-based student and camper recruitment efforts.
- Activity Area Coordinator
This position will work under the supervision of the Program Maintenance Manager to coordinate all of HoneyRock’s winter and summer activity areas. This also involves hiring, training and supervising the 20 summer activity staff who serve all programs of camp each summer. This role is based at HoneyRock year round.
- Group Retreat Coordinator
This position will work under the supervision of the Adventure Ministries Program Manager to coordinate all church, youth, and school group retreats at HoneyRock throughout the year. During the summer this person will assist with the adventure challenge program and spend time recruiting, promoting, and developing the September to April retreat ministry. There is opportunity for significant growth in the use of HoneyRock during the school year. This role is based at HoneyRock year round.
- High School Program Coordinator
This position will work under the supervision of the Adventure Ministries Program Manager to coordinate the 2:22 program. This includes school year discipleship of the campers and the hiring and training of staff (through on campus seminars) during the spring semester. This role is based at HoneyRock year round.
- Service Team Program Coordinator
This position will work under the supervision of the Adventure Ministries Program Manager to coordinate the Service Team program. This includes school year discipleship and the hiring and training of the staff (through on campus seminars) during the spring semester. This person will also work with the Site and Facilities staff to help coordinate all camp based service projects during the year (work-play weekends, Wheaton Passage service projects, etc.). This role is based at HoneyRock year round.
- Wheaton Passage/Adventure Challenge Coordinator
This person will work under the supervision of the Program Director to coordinate all aspects of Wheaton Passage. This includes marketing for students, staff, and faculty; selecting staff; developing the workbooks and staff training materials; developing service project and alternate site locations (Chicago, Angola, Black Hills); completing staff training; and evaluating the program, etc. This person will also coordinate all programming on HoneyRock’s adventure challenge courses, including hiring, training and supervising 2-4 summer staff and all school year use. This role is based at HoneyRock year round.
- Vanguard Coordinators (2 positions—1 female, 1 male)
This position will help develop and run HoneyRock's new GAP year program for 24-48 post high school, pre-college students. This program is currently under development and begins in September 2015. This program bridges high school and college years with practical and expertial learning through an immersive 11 month long curriculum. Participants will learn through traditional course study, wilderness trips and service projects. Vanguard Coordinators will perform the role of residence directors, disciplers, and program coordinators under the supervision of the GAP program manager. These coordinators will be heavily involved in the day to day, ongoing discipleship and program coordination of the program. (Positions begin in fall of 2015).
- Guest Service Coordinator
Responsible to the Hospitality Manager for insuring a welcoming, clean and memorable experience as a supervisor of housekeeping and the camp store. This includes hiring and supervising 3-5 summer staff in these areas as well as Vanguard Gap Year participants during the school year.
Graduate Assistant Duties:
- As a member of the HoneyRock staff team, fulfill the mission, vision and core values of HoneyRock and Wheaton College.
- Engage as an active member in HoneyRock staff meetings, retreats and in-service training for the purpose of planning, information sharing, support, and personal, professional, and community development.
- Plan and coordinate the programs under your responsibility with the input and support of your immediate supervisor.
- Hire and train (under guidance of supervisor) the seasonal staff/students involved in your program area.
- Supervise and disciple the seasonal staff and students (college and high school) under your care in line with the leadership progression and desired outcomes of HoneyRock.
- Complete the program assessment of both the campers and staff/students for your area and write a report following HoneyRock staff procedures. Make recommendations for program improvement for the ensuing season.
- Develop annual growth goals for your program area (depth of impact and/or level of enrollment) in conjunction with direct supervisor and the HoneyRock program team.
- Develop and complete a marketing plan for your program areas that will help achieve the enrollment and budget goals established for your program. This may include Internet promotion, exhibiting at conferences, phone calls, personal meetings, appropriate presentations and any other appropriate means.
- Complete at least one publishable research article and presentation during your tenure as a Graduate Assistant. This can be done in conjunction with an assignment in your graduate program.
- Participate in the regional CCCA conference offered each March and in at least one national conference in a related field during your tenure as a Graduate Assistant.
- Perform other duties as requested.