- Graduation from an accredited four-year college/university or equivalent (BA degree).
- Preparing for a career as a missionary outside of North America.
- Must be a citizen of either the United States or Canada.
The grants for this award are smaller than the other awards offered; however, such applicants may be eligible for other financial aid from the college. Awards for Pre-Field Missionary candidates are offered on a loan/scholarship basis, with 25% of the amount forgiven for each year served in overseas mission work following the completion of MA studies. If the recipient does not go into overseas ministry, loan repayment of both the principal and interest is required. Notice: the grants for this award are smaller than the other awards offered; however, such applicants may be eligible for other financial aid from the college. Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) questionnaire is required.
Before you can apply, we request that you first submit a Preliminary Eligibility Form (PDF) to our office. If you are interested in taking this first step toward applying for this award, we have provided instructions on how to apply.
- Scholarship applications are processed twice each year.
- The deadline for submitting application materials for fall term enrollment is March 1.
- The deadline for submitting application materials for spring term enrollment is September 15.
- It is recommended that scholarship applications be submitted at the same time as admission forms for the Wheaton Graduate School. Materials are not interchangeable.
- You must be accepted into the Graduate School at the time of the selection committee meeting in order to be considered for the award. (A general guideline for this would be 1-2 weeks after the scholarship deadline.)