As you know, the intent of the BGC Scholarship is to train Christian leaders for further ministry. You are expected to return to full-time Christian ministry as soon as possible following graduation from Wheaton. For Pre-field Missionary Candidates, you are expected to deploy overseas as soon as possible. We automatically give every graduate a grace period of nine months. Loan forgiveness is earned at the rate of 1 year of service = 25% loan forgiveness.
Wheaton College is the lender for your BGC loan/scholarship, however we utilize a company called Affiliated Computer Services (ACS) as the billing servicer. You can go online at www.acs-education.com and view your loan at any time. Please direct any questions and status updates about your loan to Tristan Rackow, Student Financial Services Advisor for Graduate Students. (email@example.com)
Please complete the exit loan counseling around the time of your graduation.
Ask your ministry supervisor to complete a Status Update Form on your behalf for events such as:
- date of return to ministry
- deployment to ministry for the first time
- delay in returning or beginning ministry
- completion of 12 months of service
- enrollment into another degree program
- other life events that may affect being on the field or the ability to continue payments