This policy covers the information privacy practices for www.wheaton.edu and pertains solely to information collected by this website. This policy specifically covers:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through www.wheaton.edu, how the information may be used and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your information;
- The security procedures Wheaton College has in place to protect the misuse of your information; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Wheaton College is the sole owner of the information collected on www.wheaton.edu. We have access to/collect only information that you voluntarily provide via email or other direct contact. We do not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Wheaton College will use your personal information only to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us and to provide any related services or fulfill any related requests. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request (e.g. to ship an order, complete an external registration, etc.).
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future communications from Wheaton College at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 752-5016. You may also contact us via email or telephone to:
- Review your personal information that Wheaton College has on record, if any;
- Change/correct any of your personal information we have collected;
- Instruct us to delete any of your personal information we have collected; or
- Express any concern you have about our collection, use or maintenance of your personal information.
Wheaton College takes extensive precautions to protect your personal information. When you submit sensitive information to us via the Wheaton College website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever Wheaton College collects sensitive personal or financial information (such as credit card data, contact information, etc.), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify that your information is being transmitted securely by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the web address.
In addition to using encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g. billing, event registration, or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Additionally, the computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are also kept in a secure, access-controlled environment.
Wheaton’s website also contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Wheaton College is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these other sites. Links off of the Wheaton College website are marked by a double carat symbol (>>). In following these links, we encourage you to be aware that you are leaving our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects a user’s personally identifiable information.