Beethoven’s Buddies (BB) is an innovative music program which facilitates cognitive and emotional growth for students with developmental delays. BB uses integrated materials and assistive technology such as the iPad in private lessons. Need-specific resources may include Boardmaker, appropriate music apps and video models for weekly home practice.
BB students have participated in:
- Strengthens gross and fine motor skills, self-esteem, and language development
- Enables self-expression and creativity
- Provides social interaction
- Connects families raising children with physical and cognitive challenges
- National Guild competitions
- National Keyboard conferences
- Music programs at schools and churches
Private Piano Lessons
30 min/15 weeks | $650
Weekly private lessons are structured on the basis of the individual student's IEP, taught by CSA faculty members Dr. Beth Bauer and Kaitlin Cooper. Students are encouraged to participate in an annual studio recital.
Clementi's Colorful Chimes
SAT 10:30-11 am | Armerding 126 | Cooper
An instrumental ensemble experience for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. All music is modified and color-coded to prepare students for success. Parent attends class.
Steps to Enroll
- Register—Complete the registration form and submit with $35 registration fee to the CSA office.
- Consultation with program coordinator—Placement is contingent upon consultation with the program coordinator. You may be asked to submit the student's IEP.
- Prepare to purchase/rent a non-electric piano (private lessons only).