- Application deadline: April 1. (International Students: January 1)
- Bachelor's degree from an approved institution and in an approved major.
- Regionally accredited.
- Grants a degree in education that includes state certification for teachers.
- If your school does not grant such a degree, your transcript can be evaluated for meeting Wheaton's general education requirements
- For Elementary Ed.: major in the liberal arts & sciences.
- For Secondary Ed.: major in an approved field of specialization.
- English/Language Arts.
- Foreign Language (French, German, or Spanish).
- Science (designation in Biology, Chemistry, Earth/Space Science, or Physics).
- Social Science (designation in History).
- Minimum GPA 2.8.
- MAT (Miller Analogies Test) or GRE General Test scores
- Tips for taking GRE, New GRE question types.
- International students: submit TOEFL scores instead of MAT or GRE scores.
- TOEFL requirements.
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities attended.
- Three recommendations.
- Pastoral (or other Christian leader).
- Professional (employer).
12. Signed Statement of Faith and Community Covenant.
13. Application processing fee: $30, non-refundable.
International Students—Additional Requirements
Application Deadline: January 1
English proficiency exam: Either the TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language), TWE, and TSE or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Minimum TOEFL: 600.
GRE or MAT not required if TOEFL or IELTS is submitted.