IT Service Desk Student Technician
What we do
StuTechs work as a team to provide IT support to the campus community. We assist students with network related issues and virus removal. In addition, for any equipment owned by the college, we also assist with hardware and software problems.
This position may be a good fit for you if…
- You enjoy helping others
- You are a problem solver
- You have good people skills
- You have a strong work ethic
- You do well in team environments
- You enjoy learning new things
You should apply because...
- We offer the highest starting pay of any entry-level student job on campus.
- Our multi-tier promotion structure allows for rapid advancement and promotion opportunities.
- We offer weekly paid training sessions geared toward developing marketable skills including Microsoft Office proficiency, technical computing skills, and interpersonal communication skills.
- You can expect steady employment throughout your Wheaton experience.
- Techs receive a generous time-off allotment.
- You will develop relationships with members across the campus community.
- We offer summer employment opportunities.
- Must be a currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at Wheaton
- Must be able to work here for at least two school years
- Must be able to work at least 8 hours per week
- Prior customer service or IT experience is helpful but not necessary
Campus Computer Labs
Library Information Center - oversee lab operation, help users with problems or questions, learn on the job about the hardware, software, operating systems, and networking used in the labs. Work on projects as assigned. Flexible daytime, evening, and weekend hours.