Microsoft now provides an opportunity for Wheaton staff & faculty to purchase Microsoft Office at the significantly discounted rate of $9.95. Below are the instructions for the purchase as well as details related to the acceptable use.
This offering provides access to the full suite of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 (Windows PC) or Microsoft Office 2011 (Mac).
- For Windows PC’s this includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Publisher, InfoPath, and Lync.
- For the Mac, this includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- When the next version of Microsoft Office is released, you are able to purchase that as well through this program and upgrade, or continue to use this version.
Two key points for this program are:
- This offer is through Microsoft and is for all Wheaton College employees, for as long as you are employed with the College and the program is offered. If you leave or the program is discontinued, the license agreement stipulates that the program must be uninstalled or you must purchase a personal license.
- The license you purchase can be used on up to two computers (two Macs or two Windows PCs, but not one of each) for your home personal use.
A further FAQ is also available from Microsoft >>
The following is the notice from Microsoft, which includes the program code:
To access the Microsoft Home Use Program Web site:
- Go to the HUP website >>
- Select United States to choose the language for viewing the order Web site.
- Enter your college e-mail address and insert the following program code: 2F1288A2DA.
Note: This program code is assigned to our organization for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside our organization.
- Follow the instructions of the Email sent to your Wheaton.edu mailbox. The subject line should come from Microsoft HUP.
- Place your order online. If you choose to purchase an optional backup DVD it will be shipped to the location you have chosen. Please note that a fulfillment fee will be charged to cover packaging, shipping, and handling costs. The DVD is not needed because the software is downloadable, but if you have a slow internet connection, or would like the DVD for disaster recovery purposes, you can purchase it through this site.
Please note that some product and language versions may not be available at the time you place an order. For up-to-date information on the availability of Home Use Program software, please consult the Microsoft website >>