August 31, 2016
Tags: ThunderCloud Services
Effective Date: August 31, 2016
ThunderCloud Storage group shares, powered by Box, are now available. A group share is a collaborative shared folder that has all the features available in Box but belongs to a department or group rather than an individual.
Key Features and Benefits
- Set and customize your own permissions for who has access to data stored in your group share
- Share files with other departments and organizations, even if they're not part of the Wheaton College
- Use built-in tools like version management & collaborative editing
- Files in a group share stay with the department, even if the person who originally created the documents leaves Wheaton
- Unlimited storage capacity
Impact on College Community
ThunderCloud Storage group shares can be a complete replacement for your department's existing network shared drive and are available to any department that can benefit from the features listed above.
You can read more about group shares here. If your department could benefit from ThunderCloud Storage group shares, fill out this form.
If you have any questions about ThunderCloud Storage or group shares, contact us by email or by calling 630.752.4357 (HELP).
August 26, 2016
Effective Date: August 25, 2016
On August 25, Apple released an important security update for iOS devices (iPhones and iPads). This update, iOS 9.3.5, repairs a critical security vulnerability. If you have an iOS device, please install this update. >>
This update repairs three security vulnerabilities that allow spyware called Pegasus to be installed on iOS devices after users follow a malicious link.
To use Pegasus, attackers send their target a message containing a URL. Once the recipient follows the link, Pegasus exploits three security vulnerabilities to collect data from legitimate apps and install surveillance software.
As always, we encourage you to exercise caution. Do not follow links from unknown sources, and be cautious if you receive unexpected messages containing links. Regularly install available security updates on all your devices.
If you have an iPhone or iPad, please install iOS 9.3.5. >>
If you would like to know the technical details about how Pegagus spyware functions, you can read the technical analysis whitepaper from Lookout, a cybersecurity company. >>
August 18, 2016
Effective Date: August 17, 2016
As part of ongoing security improvements, the College's anonymous FTP server was shut down on August 17. This server, previously located at ftp.wheaton.edu, was used to transfer files that were too large to send via email.
Impact on College Community
- The anonymous FTP server previously located at ftp.wheaton.edu is no longer available. Students, faculty, and staff who need to share files should use ThunderCloud Storage, powered by Box.
- Some printers that used FTP may need to be reconfigured.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like help using ThunderCloud Storage, please contact us by email or call 630.752.4357(HELP).
August 4, 2016
Join the hundreds of students, faculty, and staff who use ThunderCloud Training to learn valuable skills with on-demand video courses.
Powered by lynda.com, ThunderCloud Training offers video courses about a broad range of topics. However, the sheer number of available courses can be intimidating, so in each edition of Technology Review, we'll provide some recommended videos to help you get started (you may be asked to sign in when you check out our recommendations).
This edition, we're recommending two different video courses.
"Teaching with Lynda.com:" Whether you're an instructor, group leader, or supervisor, this video offers techniques on using lynda.com to create a culture of learning. Topics in this video include finding the right courses for your goals and holding learners accountable.
"Outlook 2013 Essential Training:" This course familiarizes you with Outlook's interface and teaches tricks for organizing email, appointments, and contacts.
Remember, you can always save videos to a playlist to watch later, and your place is automatically saved. After you watch a course, be sure to check out the suggested courses to see related videos as well as more advanced and in-depth options.
August 4, 2016
Tags: Network, Printing, ThunderCloud Services, Security
Welcome back to Wheaton! Academic and Institutional Technology is looking forward to working with you and is available to assist you with any technology-related questions you might have. Before you return to campus, there are some things you should know.
Be sure to install your computer’s recommended software and security updates to keep your computer running safely and efficiently. Install an antivirus program to keep your work secure and so you will be allowed to connect to the campus network. If you have Windows 8.1 or newer or Mac OSX, your computer already comes with virus protection. Make sure that this software is set to regularly scan your computer.
If you are bringing a Chromecast, wireless printer, or similar device, learn how to connect to the network without degrading your wireless connection.
Update your emergency contact information. In case of emergencies, it’s important that the College be able to contact you on a mobile phone number.
Review the 3 Simple Steps for Cyber Security, learn more about email scams, and check out the winning videos for last year's Cyber Security Video Contest.
Take advantage of the services you have access to as a Wheaton student.
- Your Wheaton email address is a Google account you will retain post-graduation. This account gives you access to Google Apps like Hangouts, Calendar, Drive, and more.
- Wheaton College’s Microsoft Office 365 subscription allows you to install and use programs like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- ThunderCloud Printing allows you to print to campus printers from your personal devices.
- ThunderCloud Training, powered by lynda.com, is available to all current students. It gives you access to thousands of video tutorial courses from industry experts on interpersonal, creative, professional, and technical skills.
- You can use the Wheaton Portal to see announcements, register for classes, pay your student bills, check your chapel seat, and more (you will be asked to sign in).
We look forward to seeing you. If you have questions before you return to campus, please contact us or call 630.752.4357.