Wheaton College Science Station
10595 Wheaton Road
Rapid City SD 57702
Route Information from Wheaton IL to Rapid City SD
I-80 Route (about 960 mi.)
Take Naperville Road 3 miles south to the East-West tollway. Travel on the tollway to the I-80 intersection. Take I-80 across Iowa to I-29 near Council Bluffs, Iowa. Take I-680 north bypass around Council Bluffs to the I-29 intersection. Take I-29 north to I-90 just west of Sioux Falls, SD. Take I-90 west all the way to Rapid City.
I-90 Route (about 940 mi)
Take IL-59 north to I-90 west. Take I-90 all the way to Rapid City.
Directions from Rapid City to the Wheaton College Science Station
1. On I 90 at Rapid City, past Rushmore Mall, exit south on to I-190 (West Blvd.).
2. At the first traffic light on Omaha, turn right (west) onto SD 44.
3. Turn left on Mountain View Dr. (south). The Baken Park Shopping Center is the best (and last) place to shop prior to arriving at the Station. Take Mountain View Dr. south to Jackson Blvd. (SD 44).
4. Turn left (west) on to Jackson Blvd. (SD 44).
5. After about 8 miles (mostly uphill) turn left (south) onto Hisega Rd. Fireside Inn restaurant at the corner.
6. Turn right (west) on Wheaton Road (see sign for Science Station and Black Hills Nursery) and follow the narrow lane straight to the Science Station.
7. Student parking and the Men's Dorm are along the gravel road to the right. The rest of the campus and the Women's Dorm are along the gravel road to the left.
Air and Bus Travel
Rapid City is served by several airlines at Rapid City Regional Airport and by buses through the city bus terminal. Students traveling by air or bus should contact the Science Station Director for pick-up service (Nominal fees charged for pick-ups).
Travel by Wheaton College Van
Students may travel to the Science Station in college vans, as space is available. Vans leave the main campus a few days before classes begin and return after the sessions end. Nominal fee covers travel and hotel stay en route.