(Sabbatical) Latin American Film, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2002
Ed.D., Curriculum and Instruction, Northern Illinois University, 1989
Hispanic Theatre, University of Chicago, 1983
M.A., Spanish: Peninsular and Spanish-American Literature, University of Kansas, 1977. (National Defense Foreign Language Fellow: 1976-77)
Mexican Literature, Universidad de Guadalajara, Mexico, 1974-1975
B.S.E., Spanish/Secondary Education, University of Kansas, 1974 (with honors)
About Christine Goring Kepner
Christine Goring Kepner is the co-director of Wheaton in Spain.
Senior Teaching Achievement Award, 1997-98, Wheaton College
- Spanish 331 - Spanish Conversation
- Spanish 332 - Spanish Advanced Grammar and Composition
- Spanish 336 - Survey of Spanish Literature
- Spanish 337 - Survey of Spanish American Literature
- Spanish 494 - Senior Seminar: Women in Literature and Film
Membership in Professional Societies
- Association of Literary Scholars and Critics (ALSC)
- Conference on Christianity and Literature
- Midwest Modern Language Association (MMLA)
- North American Christian Foreign Language Association (NACFLA)
Current research and teaching interests: Hispanic women writers, Hispanic film, the Spanish mystics, Calderón, second-language writing.
Kepner, Christine Goring and Phyllis Mitchell: "Comer caliente: The meaning of food in Un calor tan cercano and La voz dormida." Monographic Review/Revista Monográfica, Vol XXI (2005), 146-166.
"An Experiment in the Relationship of Types of Written Feedback to the Development of Writing Proficiency in Intermediate-Level Students of Spanish." Modern Language Journal, fall 1991, 75 (iii), 305-313.
"Three Films of María Luisa Bemberg: A Female gaze." Journal of Christianity and Foreign Languages, spring 2003, 4, 40-61.