MFA in Ceramics, Kent State University
BA in English, Furman University
About David Hooker
David has immersed his life in ceramic sculpture and the fine arts: as an artist, teacher, curator, exhibition designer, and art school director. His artistic practice explores the inherent value of materials, objects, and places, hoping to find ways to better connect and understand the world we live in.
When David is not freaking out over deadlines, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Elaine, his children Abbey and Samuel, his dog, Mac, and his cat, Evie. He also enjoys baseball, BBQ, and tennis—not necessarily in that order.
Recent career highlights:
- Dunhuang Ceramc Sculpture Artist in Residence. Gansu Province, China.
- Corpus. Commissioned work for Bible and Theology Department, Wheaton College.
- 3rd International Triennial of Silicate Arts. International juried exhibition. Cifrapalota. Kecskemét, Hungary
- ACGA Clay and Glass National Juried Competition. City of Brea Art Gallery. Brea, California.
- “Contemporary Artists in the Public Square.” Panelist. Christians in the Visual Arts 2015 Biennial Conference.
To see more of his work, please visit his website >