Associate Professor of Intercultural Studies Emerita
On Faculty since 1996
Ph.D., Michigan State University (Adult Education)
M.S., University of Michigan (Nursing Health Services Administration)
C.T.C.M. & H., Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (Certificate in Tropical Community Medicine and Health)
B.S., Columbia University (Nursing)
B.A., Wheaton College (Literature)
About Evvy Campbell
Personal and professional interests include the fields of international health, medical missions, AIDS, holistic mission, and the Christian life. Over 300 presentations in these areas have been given to university, college, seminary, hospital, community, church, youth camp, health professional, and retreat groups.
Key presentations include: Messiah College, Missions Awareness Week addresses; Southern Wesleyan University, commencement address and Spiritual Emphasis Week addresses; Bethel Seminary, lectures on AIDS; Cornell University, teleconference classes on "Organizing Workshops;" Overseas Ministries Study Center Study Program lectures on "Community Health and Development: Principles and Practice" and "Holistic Mission;" and Houghton College, Chamberlain Lecture Series on missions, baccalaureate address, and Christian Life Emphasis Week addresses.
- Intercultural Communication
- Cross-Cultural Research
- Cross-Cultural Teaching and Learning
- Theology of Development
- Principles of Development
- Public Health and Nutrition
Membership in Professional Societies
- iComm: Internation Community of Christian Leaders
- Billy Graham Center Advisory Committee
- Association of Professors of Missions
- World Hope International, Board Member
- Midwest Mission Studies Fellowship
- Camp Michawana Advisory Council
- Wesleyan Medical Fellowship
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Holistic Mission
- Intercultural Communication
- Medical Missions
- Missionary Biographies
Publications Manuscripts and Publications:
- Campbell, E. (2002). Enough for the Journey. Health and Development. Christian Community Health Fellowship. 22:4.
- Campbell, E. (2001). Oswald Chambers: Abandoned to God and Little Women. In Jeffry Davis, Leland Ryken, and Thomas Marin (Eds.), Reading for Life: 100 Christian College Teachers Reflect on the Books That Shaped Their Lives. New York: Xlibris/Random House. 51-52
- Campbell, E. (Autumn 2001). In the Grip of medical Missions. Wheaton. 4:5. 20-21
- Campbell, E. (2001). Of Muffin Crumbs, Salvation, and Discipling the Nations. As I See It: Insights on Evangelism and the Mission of the Church. Wheaton, Il: Billy Graham Center Advisory Committee.
- Campbell, E. (July 2001). Book Review of Communicating Jesus' Way. Revised edition by Charles H. Kraft. Evangelical Missions Quarterly. 37:3. 384, 386.
- Campbell, E. (2000). Book Review of Grace at the Table by David Beckmann and Arthur Simons. Missiology. 24:4. 505-506
- Campbell, E. (2000). AIDS and Mission. In Evangelical Dictionary of Missions. A. Scott Moreau, (Ed.) Baker: Grand Rapids. 50-51.
- Campbell, E. (2000). Health Care and Missions. In Evangelical Dictionary of Missions. A. Scott Moreau, (ed.). Baker: Grand Rapids. 425-426.
- Campbell, E. (2000). Medical Mission Work. In Evangelical Dictionary of Missions. A. Scott Moreau, (Ed.). Baker: Grand Rapids. 611-613.
- Campbell, E. (1999). Book Review of Calloused Hands, Courageous Souls: Holistic Spirituality of Development and Mission by Robert J. Suderman. Evangelical Missions Quarterly. 36:1.